Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

People and Turtles

Do you know what really irritates me? People that don't know how to F'n handle animals and in this case turtles. I had a dumb ass boyfriend that wanted to play with my turtles. He wanted to put my box turtle in the water with my red eared sliders to see if it would swim. WOW, are you serious? I was like, "Get the hell away from my turtles!" What an idiot. And then he was always trying to get the turtles to race. I was like, "This isn't a cartoon. Leave them alone." Who acts like that. Turtles aren't normal pets. You dont take them out of their cage to pet them and you sure don't take them on walks. He would always say, "If you don't play with them, then they just become like fish." I was like, "Really? that's pretty much what they are! They are to be watched, bathed and let free in the backyard(carefully watched) every once and a while." You're not suppose to play with turtles. I don't even know how you would do that. You give them fish and/or crickets to keep them busy, and definately a larg enough area to get exercise in. People are so oblivious to animals needs sometimes and how to act around animals. Don't even get me started on how he acted with my dog. I broke up with him on the spot after that, dumb ass. Kids should be brought up to learn how to interact with animals and treat them respectively. I think that is very important in the parenting process. And people that are just plan stupid and don't know how to deal with animals and reptiles, well maybe there should be a school for you. GET WITH THE PICTURE! Animals have feelings too!

5 comments:

  1. ok first your boyfriend is a complete idiot. Why the hell would he think they turtles would race, and why the hell would he put red eared sliders on a turtle, thats animal cruelty right there. Seriously, total douche. You're right, animals, like turtles have feelings too, and trying to make them race and do stupid shit to them, umm hello they can see what you're doing to them, and if they could talk they'd probably be swearing at you to flipping stop what you're doing. It's not a hard cocept to grasp, dogs you play with, cats you play with, fish and turtles and other reptiles YOU DON'T PLAY WITH!! Like you said, they're supposed to be fed, cleaned, and watched over, thats it. You're right, people do need to GET WITH THE PICTURE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS EX BOYRFRIEND!!!!!!! my current boyfriend is top choice, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Im one of those people who would've tried to get them to race for money. I didn't know that some turtles swim and some don't. I thought they all had webbed feet or flipper feet to swim when they needed. Wow I have alot of research to do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know your ex was scared shitless when you screamed to get away from the turtles and, shocked he thought it was harmless!!LMFAO

    ReplyDelete